Women in Communications
Exact date TBC, April 2022 | London & Online
in partnership with the PRCA, CIPR, CMA & IoIC
Although the PR and communications industry is overwhelmingly female overall, the number of women at board director level and above remains stubbornly low.
Organised by Dods Parliamentary Communications and held in partnership with the IoIC, CMA, PRCA and CIPR, our unique Women in Communications conference seeks to provide current and future leaders with the skills needed to correct this imbalance. The unique conference explores the role of women in communications and offers practical advice and coaching on how to develop your career and leadership capabilities in times of change. We will discuss together how we can manage the challenges of modern leadership and help ensure we don't lose momentum in recognising and rewarding female leaders in communications.
Due to current uncertainty surrounding live events and restrictions around social distancing, Women in Communications 2022 will have an online option for those wishing to attend the conference remotely.
The Women in Communications online event platform will enable you to explore on-demand materials which will supplement your learning experience and help you focus on the topics most relevant to you.
For more information about what to expect, visit the dedicated page here.
- Examine the barriers currently facing female leaders (and future leaders) in communications and hear how to overcome them
- Understand when and how gender plays a role in both organisational and personal advancement
- Learn how successful women negotiate for what they need to be effective leaders
- Gain a deeper understanding of the skills, qualities and attributes needed to be a successful leader
- Raise the visibility of women as senior leaders in communications
- Explore additional on-demand content on event day and in the weeks after the event
- Receive video recordings and speaker presentation slides for your reference after the event
2020 speakers included:
- Louise Stewart, Senior Counsel, Cicero/AMO
- Richard Etienne, Deputy Head of Internal Communications, Department of International Trade
- Emma Reynolds, Director of Communications, Defence Infrastructure Organisation, Ministry of Defence
- Katie Morrison, Director of Communications, Campaigns & UK Programmes, Plan International UK
- Laura Bates, Acting Joint Head of Communications, Museum of London
- Puja Parmar, Senior Marketing Manager, Greater London Authority
- Cath Baxter, Professional Voice and Public Speaking Consultant & former Head of Voice, Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts
- Laurian Hubbard, Cabinet Office Strategic Communications Lead, Women in PR Cymru Co-President, Chartered Assessor, CIPR
- Neha Khatwani, Head of Public Affairs and Policy, PRCA
Who should attend?
Women in Communications is aimed at all those who aspire to move into a leadership role or those already in a senior role looking to progress. Presentations and workshops offer practical advice and coaching relevant to all women across the communications sector.
1 Place £295 (+VAT)
4+ Places £250 each (+VAT)
1 Place £695 (+VAT)